Presented to a NSW entity that has demonstrated excellence in developing and undertaking an environmental activity that has contributed substantially towards protecting or rehabilitating aquatic environments, or reducing adverse seafood industry impacts on the environment.
Nominees must be active participants in the commercial seafood industry and must have:
- Created or developed an item or a process that lessens the impact of the seafood industry (catching or processing) on the environment; or
- Created or developed an item or a process that enhances the ecological sustainability of the seafood industry; OR
- Taken sustained or significant action to improve the state of waterways and thus improve their ability to support natural fish populations; or
- Actively facilitated moves within the seafood industry towards sustainable environmental management with the promotion of these changes within the industry and to the broader community.
- What unique environmental challenge did you or your organisation face? Please ensure you address the key problems this challenge posed, particularly for the NSW seafood industry.
- How did you or your organisation tackle this unique environmental challenge? Please discuss the various aspects of the implemented solution.
- How effective has the nominee been in addressing the initial environmental challenge and who will benefit from their actions? Please highlight how affectively the implemented solution addressed the key problems faced.
- What steps have been undertaken to ensure a continued solution to the initial challenge? Please outline the ongoing initiatives in place to ensure these results are maintained/improved.
- How has the nominee contributed significantly to protecting or rehabilitating fisheries environments and ecosystems; innovation; and/or minimising the industry’s impact on the environment.