Congratulations to the winner of the 2013 Sydney Fish Market, Seafood Excellence Awards ‘Excellence in Environmental Practice’ award – Richie Bagnato!
Pictured here is Excellence in Environmental Practice award winner Richie Bagnato with Minister for Primary Industries, and Minister for Small Business The Hon. Katrina Hodgkinson, MP and Sydney Fish Market General Manager Bryan Skepper.
Pictured here is Excellence in Environmental Practice award sponsor OceanWatch Australia Executive Officer Lowri Pryce with Sydney Fish Market General Manager Bryan Skepper.
PRESENTED IN HONOUR OF DR. PARIS GOODSELL
A member of the NSW seafood community will be awarded the recipient for excellence in environmental responsible practice. This award recognises the excellence of individuals or organisations in the seafood industry that promote the ecological sustainability of the NSW seafood industry.
Key Judging Criteria
- Applications for this award closed on Monday, 8 July 2013.
- The Excellence in Environmental Practice award is self-nomination only.
- Nominees must be active participants in the commercial seafood industry and must have:
- Created or developed an item or a process that lessens the impact of the seafood industry (catching or processing) on the environment; OR
- Created or developed an item or a process that enhances the ecological sustainability of the seafood industry; OR
- Taken sustained or significant action to improve the state of waterways and thus improve their ability to support natural fish populations; OR
- Actively facilitated moves within the seafood industry towards sustainable environmental management with the promotion of these changes within the industry and to the broader community.
Nominees to provide a brief overview of the nominee and adress how the nominee has contributed significantly to protecting or rehibilitating fisheries environments and ecosystems; innovation; and/or minimising the industry’s impact on the environment.
All nominees will be advised in writing of the status of their submission.
From the finalists, judges will select a winner for each award category and awards will be presented at an exclusive, invitees only Sydney Fish Market, Seafood Excellence Awards evening on Wednesday, 28 August 2013. No winners will be announced before this time.
Please note that information and submissions provided to Sydney Fish Market Pty Ltd may be used for promotional purposes and that an official registration form must accompany each nomination submission.
To contact Sydney Fish Market directly with any enquiries please click here.